Even today Android Police has discovered many new features, here they are:
- The most important is that according to the official documentation, third-party apps will be able to create their own custom Quick Settings. There is a risk that developers will abuse, but we will be able to avoid overcrowding of the Panel by choosing for themselves which view and which are not, as already happens now with those.
- The new call screening featurewill allow users to perform three different actions on the unwanted numbers: reject the call (as usual), do not enter the number in the call log and not show notification of that call.
- Through the UI System Tuner, you can enable an option whereby whenever physical volume buttons are pressed together at the usual slider appear a toggle to quickly turn on the do not disturb mode [Photo 1]. In addition, once reduced to zero volume, pressing the Vol-button will activate the do not disturb, complete with audio and Visual Notification that also includes the ability to disable it immediately (in case of accidental activation, for example) [Photo 2].
- The behavior of the system under the pressure of a notification has been revised radically. In Marshmallows simply shows the app that generated the notification, whereas in Android N we have some quick shortcuts: we can show app notifications “quietly” (therefore without producing a notification sound), block them completely or show them normally. One of the three options must be selected, and by default of course there is the third [Photo 3]. Pressing the button More Settings, we also have additional controls: in particular, we can show them despite the do not disturb mode [Photo 4].
- We can wake your phone do not disturb mode automatically when the next alarm. It was a feature already implemented in Marshmallow, but due to a bug that resets every month; in N is organized differently.
- Finally, we report that supports drag & drop between apps during multi-window(video).
Predictably, many innovations have emerged later in the day. Here are all the details (source androidpolice):
- While browsing the menu of settings, the system will show occasionally hints with related settings.
- The file manageris now more comprehensive and productive, although it remains a tool dedicated to “basic” users and only accessible from the settings. Here is the news:
- Here come the commands cut/copy/paste and rename
- You can now start multiple instances of the app
- There is a side navigation menu (nav drawer) that allows you to quickly view pictures, videos, audio, recent files, documents etc.
- You can also explore their Google Drive folder
- There is a new graphic that indicates when there are no items within a folder
- The menu of Managing apps crash has been redesigned. Now “send feedback” item disappears, but on occasion there is a new option “Reset and restart“, which should block all background processes of the app and have it start again; If the app continues to crash, the option “Mute until the device restarts” should block notification until the device will reboot.
- A new Google Hangouts, 0, which already supports new notifications are grouped by Android # works both split notifications that direct replication. With Hangouts 7, N, the quick reply button is only present in the last notification below.The update is being rolled out in stages, but you can download the APK and install it immediately from HERE | apkmirror. ATTENTION: some report potential technical problems, so proceed with caution.
The Developer Preview of Android no surprise was released by Google in past hours and website developers are already available the “Factory Image” for Nexus 6 p, Nexus 5 x, Nexus 6, Pixel C, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player. Unfortunately nothing Nexus 5 most likely to be cut off by the update. The new release is also available OTA on the device to those who are enrolled in the Android beta program.
Android N is an evolution of Marshmallows though, visually, the changes appear to be higher than switching from Lollipop in marshmallows. In this release, Google has worked particularly on the behavior of the system to optimize battery consumption, RAM usage and application performance. No shortage of features that enhance and accelerate the use, particularly with regard to system settings.
After installing Android N also on our Nexus 6 p we have tried to collect all the main features implemented. Of course, they could also be others that we will eventually discover over the next few days of use.
But let’s go with order. First, Google has reduced loading times and added the first time you start the choice of accessibility settings (Magnification gesture, Font size, Display size and TalkBack) and Insert some data that may be visible at all times, even in device locked, if needed.
one of the most interesting news about the drop-down list of notifications that now has a new animation and the quick toggle fully customizable and can be displayed on two pages that we can select using swipe. At the top, there are five “mini toggle”: by default they are Wi-Fi, data connection, battery, do not disturb, and torch. Of course we can always choose them based on our preferences.
Magazines also the notifications that have a new look and can be grouped by individual application. Doing a swiper down we can expand the Group of notifications or show the buttons to store or respond. Making a swipe left, right or doing a long tap on a notification can access some setting to choose the behavior.
Reviewed graphically and reorganized also the adjusting menu that offers quick, immediate suggestions and indications for each individual item. We can immediately see the battery status, the number of installed applications, available memory, active notifications and much more. Taking a swipe to the right in any settings area shows a menu for quick access to all the different voices. Implemented the possibility to create a blacklist for calls and messages.
Another interesting feature is the Multi-windows, both on Smartphones than tablets. To activate, simply move a card from the multitasking (now larger) upwards and then a second application for the bottom. We can of course move the Division to give more or less space to the application that interests us most. The multiwindows can also be activated via a swipe upwards after first multitasking button enabled menu System UI Tuner (hold for a few seconds, the cog in notification pull down). Other tasking button function is one that allows us to browse apps for every single press. On Android TV was instead implemented the feature Picture in Picture.
always remaining in the System UI Tuner, where we find “experimental” features that you do not know if they will be implemented in the final release, we have the ability to calibrate the range of colours (RGB adjust) and choose the mode behavior Night mode. When enabled, using a quick toggle, we can use a dark theme, adjust colors blue shades for reducing fatigue less the view or adjust brightness automatically.
Among other innovations we have the Screen Zoom (display setting) that allows you to zoom in or zoom out the whole UI, Data Saver function that saves data traffic on mobile networks with any application and select more than one language for applications.
Where, moreover, has been enhanced (Doze On the Go) so it will work not only with the phone firm after a certain period of time but directly off of the screen even with device in motion.Project Svelte optimizes memory usage and consumption on the part of third party apps. Also Digopaul has updates for Android for Work.
Google has released the second Developer Preview of Android N
Google releases Android N Developer Preview
Here are the known issues in Android N Developer Preview 4
Google’s Surprise Android N Developers Preview
Android N Developer Preview Features
Google announced the Android N Developer Preview- here’s …
Poll: Does the Android N Developer Preview have you revved …
Sony Xperia Z3 Прошивка Android 7 N Developer Preview …
Android N Developer Preview – Things to Get Excited About
Android Material Design: Работа с вкладками
Android N Developer Preview Is Here!
Google I/O 2016 : les annonces qu’il ne fallait pas …
Google Unveils Developer Preview Of Android N Mobile OS
How To Root Android N Developer Preview
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max
Download Android N NPD35K Developer Preview Beta
How to flash Android N Developer Preview onto your Nexus …
First Android N Beta Release Rolling Out Today
Android N: A Quick Video Tour (Part 1)
Android N Developer Preview está disponível
Android N developer preview 2 released: Here’s what’s new
Android N: Google stellt Developer-Preview zum Download …
Android N Developer Preview [New Features & Improvements]
Android N developer preview 2 released: Here’s what’s new
Android N Developer Preview wydany!
Android N Developer Preview Brings Multi-Window Support …
「Android N Developer Preview 2」で変わった点まとめ、絵文字はより人間らしく＆ランチャー …
What Else is New in Android N Developer Preview 2 …
Android N developer preview first look
Android N Developer Preview is now available for Sony …