The source of the danger: our favorite sun.
Let’s start with the sun – even with its rising, then we “send” invisible ultraviolet (UV), whose amount is greatest at its zenith at noon. Known are 3 categories of UV rays:
- UV-A, which are the most dangerous to the eyes. In Unprotected eyes, these rays damage the retina, reaching the crystalline lens (lens cristallina).
- UV-B, which are absorbed by the lens of the eye.
- UV-C, which are almost completely stopped by the ozone layer, but a fraction reaches the cornea.
Good to know something else: 99% of UV light that reaches the earth’s surface belongs to the category of UV-A (the most harmful to the eyes)! A cloud passes 90% of ultraviolet rays to reach the earth’s surface.
Children blink less frequently because they have very good tear film. If you pay attention, you will notice that a child can look at a lighted bulb directly without blinking or react as we adults sharply twisting head or closing the eyes, feeling extremely unpleasant effect of glare. According to SunglassesWill, this is very bad for not guarding with protective goggles eye. So please, watch the children and protect them from staring at the light source or sun.
In contrast to the infrared radiation, whose effects are immediate (heat, burns), that of the ultraviolet rays are expressed later. When these rays enter the eye, all tissues may be affected.
To keep sight of our children, it is important to protect their eyes from an early age. And not only in summer but all year round – and not just from direct sunlight, but also by scattered rays on cloudy days or those reflected by water, snow, sand, white walls, mirrors, etc.
What glass to choose? A framework? Where?
- Always buy sunglasses for babies and children marked CE.
The CE marking does not mean that a product is manufactured in the EEA, it only indicates that the product is assessed before being placed on the market and thus meets the legal requirements concerning its sale there (eg a harmonized level of safety). This means that the manufacturer certifies that the product complies with all relevant essential requirements (requirements for health and safety) of the applicable directive – or, if specified in the directive he is assessed by a notified body conformity assessment.
- Preferably 100% UV protection (or at least a minimum of 98%). Level dimming – category 3 or 4.
- Select polycarbonate lenses that are lightweight and unbreakable.
- The framework must be fully adapted to the morphology of the child, with a high form (at least 26 mm) and good surrounding visual field of the eye.
- The material from which the frame is made to be lightweight, unbreakable and possibly without detachable parts (screws, for example) to avoid the risk of swallowing
To have quality sunglasses to protect the eye from bright light, the glass must have a high percentage of color. The standard color of the sunglasses is 75% for urban 50% for mountain for young children and babies are suitable glasses with 90% shading.
Do not buy sunglasses toys for their children, wearing them is more harmful to eyesight than non-use of sunglasses. The reason is that the darkened plastic makes the “shadow” of the eye. Apple of the eye does not shrink (which is our natural protection), and so harmful rays are ruthless to the child’s eyes. All cheap sunglasses without protection should not begging you. Check bought glasses in optics before use to make sure of their quality. Teach their children from young to wearing sunglasses through the game.