According to topschoolsintheusa, Minatare, Nebraska is a small town located in the western part of the state. It has a population of about 1,500 people according to the most recent census. The geography of Minatare is characterized by rolling hills and open plains that stretch for miles. The climate is semi-arid with hot summers and cold winters.
The history of Minatare dates back to the late 1800s when it was founded as a trading post for settlers moving westward. Since then, it has grown into a thriving small town with its own unique culture and identity. Politically, Minatare is overwhelmingly Republican with many conservative values represented in its government.
The economy in Minatare revolves around agriculture and ranching. There are several large farms that produce corn, wheat, soybeans, and other crops as well as cattle ranches that raise beef and other livestock products. Additionally, there are several small businesses located in town that provide services to the local community such as auto repair shops and restaurants.
Minatare is served by two public schools: Minatare Elementary School and Minatare High School. Both schools offer quality education to their students while providing extracurricular activities such as sports teams and clubs for students to get involved with after school hours.
Some of the landmarks in Minatare include the historic courthouse which was built in 1910, the old trading post from which it all began, and several churches including St John’s Lutheran Church which dates back to 1887. Additionally, there are several parks within the city limits that offer plenty of recreational activities for families to enjoy together such as fishing ponds or hiking trails through wooded areas where wildlife can be seen up close.
Population: 810. Estimated population in July 2020: 784 (-3.2% change)
Males: 405 (50.0%), Females: 405 (50.0%)
Scotts Bluff County
Zip code: 69356
Median resident age: 35.6 years
Median household income: $23,365
Median house value: $33,200
Races in Minatare:
- White Non-Hispanic (75.6%)
- Hispanic (22.2%)
- Other race (10.4%)
- Two or more races (3.3%)
- American Indian (2.3%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (33.6%), Irish (8.0%), English (7.9%), Norwegian (4.6%), United States (4.6%), Danish (4.4%).
Elevation: 3822 feet
Land area: 0.4 square miles
Minatare, Nebraska is a small town located in the western portion of the state, about 45 miles east of the Wyoming border. It has a population of just under 1,200 people and is known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The cost of living in Minatare is relatively low, making it an attractive option for those looking to live in an affordable area. Housing costs are particularly low compared to other parts of the state and country. The median home value is around $90,000 with the median rent being just over $700 per month. Utilities are also very affordable with an average monthly cost of only $100. Groceries are also relatively cheap with a typical grocery bill being around $50 per week. Transportation costs are also quite reasonable with a gallon of gas costing about $2.25, and public transportation options being available for those who need it. Overall, Minatare makes for an ideal place to live if you’re looking for a small town atmosphere that offers affordability at the same time.
For population 25 years and over in Minatare
- High school or higher: 70.8%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 7.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.9%
- Unemployed: 7.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Minatare city
- Never married: 23.1%
- Now married: 52.9%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 8.5%
- Divorced: 14.1%
3.2% Foreign born (2.7% Latin America, 0.5% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +4 (+0.5%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Minatare:
- REGIONAL WEST MED CENTER (about 12 miles; SCOTTSBLUFF, NE)
- MORRILL COUNTY COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 30 miles; BRIDGEPORT, NE)
- KIMBALL COUNTY HOSPITAL (about 41 miles; KIMBALL, NE)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Minatare:
- WESTERN NEB. RGNL/WILLIAM B. HEILIG FIELD (about 7 miles; SCOTTSBLUFF, NE; Abbreviation: BFF)
- ALLIANCE MUNI (about 52 miles; ALLIANCE, NE; Abbreviation: AIA)
- CHEYENNE (about 101 miles; CHEYENNE, WY; Abbreviation: CYS)
Other public-use airports nearest to Minatare:
- KIMBALL MUNI/ROBERT E ARRAJ FIELD (about 45 miles; KIMBALL, NE; Abbreviation: IBM)
- TORRINGTON MUNI (about 48 miles; TORRINGTON, WY; Abbreviation: TOR)
- SIDNEY MUNI (about 61 miles; SIDNEY, NE; Abbreviation: SNY)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Minatare:
- CHADRON STATE COLLEGE (about 77 miles; CHADRON, NE; Full-time enrollment: 2,144)
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN COLORADO (about 128 miles; GREELEY, CO; Full-time enrollment: 10,983)
- AIMS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 132 miles; GREELEY, CO; Full-time enrollment: 3,722)
- METROPOLITAN STATE COLLEGE OF DENVER (about 156 miles; DENVER, CO; Full-time enrollment: 12,938)
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO AT DENVER (about 156 miles; DENVER, CO; Full-time enrollment: 8,839)
- UNIVERSITY OF DENVER (about 156 miles; DENVER, CO; Full-time enrollment: 7,592)
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF DENVER (about 156 miles; DENVER, CO; Full-time enrollment: 3,352)
Public high school in Minatare:
- MINATARE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 99; Grades: 07 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Minatare:
- MINATARE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 109; Grades: PK – 06)
- LAKE MINATARE PUBLIC SCHOOL (Students: 81; Grades: PK – 08)
- HIGHLAND PUBLIC SCHOOL (Students: 41; Grades: PK – 08)
Library in Minatare:
- MINATARE PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $550; Location: 309 MAIN STREET; 9,352 books; 133 audio materials; 294 video materials; 26 serial subscriptions)