A tourist paradise, one of the most stable countries in Eastern Europe with a high standard of living, low prices, historical places of unique beauty.
Leisure and free time.
Clubs: as the Czechs themselves say, in addition to breweries and pastry shops, their capital is famous for jazz clubs. The most famous are “Amigo”, “Metropolitan”, “Viola”, “Press”. To many, the sweetest place is “At the Little Glen”, which is in the Mala Strana area, on Karmelitskaya Street, 23. Vaulted ceilings, photographs of the last century on the walls. Bar counter from the Austro-Hungarian Empire. A huge old cash register in the corner.
Zoo: If you love animals, you won’t find a better place to stay. The Prague Zoo is not only open-air cages, but also a beautiful shady park, located in one of the most prestigious and green areas of Prague – Troy. It is easier to get to the zoo from the metro station “Nadrazi Holesovice”, then by bus 112 (runs every 20-30 minutes), to the stop “Zoo” (usually this is the final one, except for extended routes). The ticket costs 20-40 Ck. Large territory, few people, open enclosures, animals as close to you as possible.
Botanical Garden: next to the zoo and within walking distance – the botanical garden.
Restaurants. The most expensive restaurants and cafes are located in the “cult” places of the capital. A luxurious dinner for three “At the Prince’s” on the Old Town Square will cost 1800 kroons. Five hundred meters away, on a less busy street, you can dine for 200 crowns (per person). Even cheaper (for 100 kroons) you can eat in a simple pub, where the menu always contains two or three meat dishes. Be sure to try the famous onion or garlic stew. Don’t forget to try old-fashioned dishes such as game pâté or small unleavened pancakes with plum jam. It would be nice to try something from the national Czech cuisine.
For example, stewed pork with cabbage or pork breaded in breadcrumbs with potato salad, pork envelopes with asparagus, cheese and chopped ham, dozens of varieties of smoked meats, hams, brawns, sausages, whole fried duck, hot chopped roulade from different types of meat, sweet pancakes (Palacinka) with jam, ice cream and chocolate sauce, apfelstrydel with nuts, cinnamon and raisins. And, of course, the pork leg. In Czech cuisine always and everywhere in the first place were KNEDLIKI. There are many varieties of dumplings: potato or wheat dumplings, dumplings with bacon or fruit.
Beer. According to healthknowing, beer and pubs in the Czech Republic are a separate story altogether. Only one thing can be said for sure – you will not find such an amazing drink anywhere else. And besides, tasting the most delicious draft beer in a cozy pub or restaurant in Prague will cost several times cheaper than, say, in St. Petersburg or Moscow. National drink! Among other alcoholic beverages, it is worth noting the Karlovy Vary Becherovka – a tincture of 42 herbs and Absinthe – a 72-degree wormwood drink of a suspicious bluish-green color, prohibited for sale in other countries.
Mineral springs of Karlovy Vary
- Spring “Vrzhidlo” (Geyser) is located in the colonnade “Vrzhidelni”, temperature 72.7*C, capacity up to 2000 l/min, CO2 content: 400 mg/l. The hottest and most powerful spring in Karlovy Vary. It originates at a depth of 2 km. Due to the high content of CO2, the fountain of water beats to a height of 10-16 m. The source water is cooled to different temperatures and subjected to special treatment, divided into several groups: “Vrzhidlo A” (70*C), “Vrzhidlo B” (50*C), “Vrzhidlo S” (30*C).
2. Spring “Spring of Charles IV” is located in the “Market” colonnade, temperature 63.4*C, capacity 4.9 l/min, CO2 content: 448 mg/l. The spring got its name from the legend, it was here that King Charles IV treated his feet.3. The source “Lower Castle Spring” is located in the “Market” colonnade, temperature 61.4 * C, productivity 8.6 l / min, CO2 content: 660 mg / l. It is located above the level of the Vrzhidlo spring, and therefore sensitively reacts to pressure and productivity. In the 19th century it disappeared for 14 years, then reappeared.4. Spring “Upper Castle Spring” is located in the “Castle” colonnade, temperature 61.4*C, productivity 2.5 l/min, CO2 content: 660 mg/l.5. Spring “Trzhni” is located in the “Market” colonnade, temperature 61.6*C, productivity 4.6 l/min, CO2 content: 499 mg/l.6. Spring “Mill spring” is located in the “Mill” colonnade, temperature 54.8*C, productivity 4.5 l/min, CO2 content: 586mg/l.7. The source “Rusalkin source” is located in the “Mill” colonnade, temperature 61 * C, productivity 3.9 l / min, CO2 content: 584 mg / l.8. Spring “Source of Prince Wenceslas” is located in the “Mill” colonnade, temperature 63.6*C, capacity 4.4 l/min, CO2 content: 514 mg/l. Named after the clear Prince Wenceslas. In the 17th century, the performance of the spring corresponded to that of the Vrzhidlo spring.
9. Spring “Libushin” is located in the “Mill” colonnade, temperature 60.1*C, productivity 2.8 l/min, CO2 content: 552 mg/l.
10. Spring “Rocky” is located in the “Mill” colonnade, temperature 47.1 * C, productivity 2.6 l / min, CO2 content: 655 mg / l. Initially, the source was hidden under a mighty rock towering over the Tepla River, and was opened only in the 19th century, after the destruction of the rock.
11. The source of “Freedom” is located in a separate pavilion near the “Mill” colonnade, temperature 59.5 * C, productivity 4.0 l / min, CO2 content: 573 mg / l.
12. Spring “Garden” is located in the basement of the Military sanatorium, temperature 43*C, productivity 1.8 l/min, CO2 content: 754 mg/l. The coldest spring
Source N13 is located near the sanatorium “Richmond”, not far from the Japanese Garden, a white arbor stylized in antiquity was built above the source. Temperature 16*C, output 0.2 l/min, CO2 content: 1300 mg/l. It was recognized as suitable for drinking treatment in 1998.
The main specializations of treatment in Karlovy Vary
Diseases of the digestive tract:
– peptic ulcer of the stomach and 12 duodenal ulcer;
– intestinal disorders;
– conditions after surgery on the intestines, stomach, gallbladder;
– chronic diseases of the liver, gallbladder with cholelithiasis (without it);
– chronic constipation;
– dysfunction of the colon;
– conditions after acute hepatitis of any etiology;
– conditions after acute pancreatitis;
– Chronic diseases of the pancreas.
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system:
– lesions of the spine;
– degenerative diseases of the joints;
– osteochondrosis of the cervical and lumbar spine.
– type 1 and type 2 diabetes;
– disorder of fat metabolism;
– hyperlipoproteinemia; periodontal disease.
The main methods of treatment in Karlovy Vary
– taking medicinal water;
– pearl and galvanic baths;
– whirlpool baths;
– water and electrotherapy procedures;
– diet therapy;
– rehabilitation treatment;
– oxygen therapy;
– carbonic baths;
– mud and paraffin compresses;
– physiotherapy exercises with exercises in the pool.
Karlovy Vary offers packages with full medical care (duration 7, 14 and 21 days), which include the following list of services:
– accommodation in a sanatorium or hotel;
– initial medical examination and laboratory tests;
– full nutrition (appointment of diets in accordance with the recommendations of the doctors of the sanatorium);
– complex sanatorium treatment in accordance with the recommendations of doctors (2-4 procedures per day, except Sundays);
– appointment of a drinking course;
– final medical examination and laboratory tests.
We also offer individual accommodation with a free choice of length of stay and treatment procedures. Based on the results of the examination, the spa therapist prescribes an individual treatment program for each patient, fully taking into account his state of health and diagnosis. All doctors speak English, German and Russian. To speed up the treatment process, you can bring an extract from the medical history. The recommended duration of treatment is 7 to 28 days. The maximum effect is achieved in 21 days. Here you will fully feel the care and attention of doctors and medical staff.
– stenosis, ulcer penetration, postoperative stenosis requiring reoperation;
– chronic parasitic and bacillary intestinal diseases and stenoses;
– intestinal stenosis;
– stone obstruction, cholangitis, acute pancreatitis;
– obstruction or infection of the biliary tract;
– liver failure;
– advanced liver failure;
– pathological changes in the bile ducts;
– private exacerbations of pancreatitis, cholangitis;
– metabolic disorders;
– decompensated diabetes mellitus;
– gouty kidney, creatinine in the urine above 200 micromoles;
– non-independent movement of the patient (exceptions are persons with a guardian);
– typhoid fever, paratyphoid fever, tuberculosis of the respiratory tract;
– clinical signs of circulatory disorders;
– conditions after deep thrombosis up to 3 months after the disappearance of the disease;
– conditions after superficial thrombophlebitis up to 6 weeks after the disappearance of the disease;
– labile or decompensated diabetes mellitus;
– recurrent bleeding of all kinds;
– general weight loss and loss of strength (cachexia);
– mental illness;
– alcoholism and toxicology;
– Urinary and stool incontinence, nighttime urinary incontinence;
– hypertension over 110 mm Hg. (14.5 kPa) systological pressure.