INEXPENSIVE SIM PHONE CARD FOR ABROAD
Whether on a family vacation, on a business trip or during a longer stay abroad such as studying abroad, mobile phones, tablets & Co are now indispensable for almost everyone – be it to maintain communication with those who stayed at home or for spontaneous mobile surfing.
So that the constant connection to the Internet does not become a cost trap, it is important to note whether you are within the EU. There are data roaming charges now capped. That doesn’t mean that calling and surfing is cheap, but at least there is a certain maximum cost limit. Outside the EU, however, there are usually still very high telephone and surfing charges from the local telephone providers, which are then not capped.
Factors for calculating telephone and surfing charges via smartphones and tablets
- Roaming charges for outgoing calls within the EU have been a maximum of 19 cents per minute without VAT since July 1st, 2014.
- Roaming charges for incoming calls within the EU have been a maximum of 7 cents per minute without VAT since July 1st, 2014.
- Since 2010, incoming voice messages on the mailbox are no longer allowed to be billed.
- The receipt of SMS abroad remains – as in Germany – free of charge.
- With tariff providers, countries of the EU mostly fall into country group 1 with uniform fees, countries in Europe but not the EU and the USA fall into country group 2 (costs around 1.59 euros / min for outgoing calls), the rest of the World in country group 3 (costs approx. 2.99 euros / min for outgoing calls).
- WhatsApp, chatting or even internet surfing remain free if free WiFi can be used.
- Since July 2010, all European mobile phone providers have had to inform their customers via SMS if the roaming charges exceed a limit of 59.50 euros.
- As of July 1, 2014, the maximum price for one megabyte of data transfer (upload or download) is 23.80 cents per MB.
- Within the EU there are many mobile phone offers with special volume packages at a fixed price of 10, 20, 50 or even 200MB, which can usually be used within 1 month.
- The sending of MMS is not regulated in the EU regulation according to which MMS are excluded in some volume tariffs and are billed at normal roaming fees
Tips for making inexpensive calls and surfing from abroad
- Always use WLAN wherever it is offered, so surfing is completely free. If necessary, calls can also be made free of charge via Skype or similar.
- Only use roaming charges in an emergency, especially outside of Europe
- If possible, let me call you.
- Use of prepaid phone cards from tariff providers in the target country: these offer inexpensive and generous volume packages for surfing (eg 1-10 GB per month included) as well as for making calls at a low fixed price. The enormous price differences are due to the fact that tariff providers in the target country are used for prepaid phone cards.
Inexpensive provider of SIM phone cards for abroad
- SIMLY – SIM cards for tablets and smartphones without Simlock for various countries. Flyer about calling cards for foreign countries from SIMLY.
- SIMLY phone card USA: 4G / LTE AT&T network, available flat rates: 500MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4 GB – details
- SIMLY calling card Australia: available flat rates: 1GB, 3GB – details
- SIMLY calling card Great Britain: available flat rates: 1GB, 3GB – details
- SIMLY New Zealand calling card: available flat rates: 1GB, 3GB – details
- SIMLY calling cards for many other countries: details
SAVE POSTAGE COSTS ABROAD
A lot of time is spent planning a study abroad: looking for a suitable university, preparing the application and organizing and renting accommodation.
You also have to think about topics such as foreign health insurance, vaccinations and visa applications. But many only notice or realize shortly before departure that the airlines’ maximum weight of 20 kilograms does not really meet the requirements for a longer stay abroad, such as studying abroad.
Since you don’t really get everything you need in your suitcase for such a long time, many students only take the bare essentials with them. Buying everything else locally is worthwhile in many countries. Because there the costs for equipment, clothing & Co. are often cheaper than in Germany. When the study abroad comes to an end, you either sell the purchased items again or send them home.
Since the postage costs decrease proportionally to the weight, especially for larger items, and the postage costs sometimes differ considerably from transport company to transport company, sending parcels to and from abroad can be a real alternative.
Criteria for choosing the shipping company
In the following, some criteria are listed, based on which the individually suitable shipping company for sending parcels abroad and from abroad to your home can be found more easily:
- Shipping costs depending on weight
- Sending speed
- Negotiating a pick-up service
- Online posting of luggage vs. on-site service
- Packaging requirements
- Insurance payments for items of luggage
- Possibility of shipment tracking
- Payment methods via PayPal, credit card, bank transfer etc.
- Number of attempted free on-site deliveries
- Warranties or liability for damage or loss
Transglobal Express: inexpensive parcel provider
Send parcels using Transglobal Express and benefit from super low-cost shipping rates! The parcel is sent by DHL, UPS and TNT including direct collection of the shipment, whether for sending abroad or from abroad (export and import). With the postage calculator you can also calculate the complete shipping costs of various shipping companies, if you want, you can also order directly.
Shipping cost calculator
Central to the Transglobal Express website is the shipping cost calculator, which calculates the exact costs for the package or document to be sent before a booking order can be placed online.